Test Automation Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- 21 Jan 17
GFT is a partner you can rely on for innovative IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. We stand for technological expertise, vision and quality in everything we do. We analyse the individual demands of our customers carefully with our deep understanding of what makes diverse businesses and industries tick. Our talent for spotting market trends produces cutting-edge solutions designed for the future.
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects. In addition to this, all of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level, to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. The sheer variety of work we undertake, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to develop your career.
Currently seeking a Test Automation Specialist to join a Tier 1 Investment Bank working on an in-house data sourcing application, originally implemented for Treasury but with an ever growing scope.
There is an immediate need to develop testing capabilities (manual and automated) however the role will take on more of a development bias over time. The individual will come equipped with substantiated ideas for how automated testing can be applied and which tools to use.
- Define standard (beyond basic) manual and automated test approach in line with Test Execution requirements.
- Log defects in Test Execution, analyse the issue and provide a clear definition to more senior colleagues.
- Attend Triage and or team meetings in order to explain the defect and explore solutions.
- Complete Daily Test Reports in order to contribute to problem resolution and decision making.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Development and Business Analysis teams.
- Participate in the Tool Selection Process and the configuration for Test Automation Tool in line with requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Previously implemented Test Automation frameworks
- Proficient within programing in Java
- SQL Server skills
- Financial Service background, preferably within Investment Banking
GFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation or and other basis as prohibited by applicable local and federal law. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we receive, our recruiters will contact only qualified applicants; however, we may contact applicants for future openings.