Unix System Administrator - Virtualisation, VMWare
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 25 Oct 16
Nomura are currently looking for a Unix Systems Administrator on a contract basis to join their technology infrastructure team in London.
Nomura are looking for a Senior Unix SA to join EU SA team, within the Technology Infrastructure group in London.
The successful candidate will be working as a part of the Global Unix Support group in close collaboration with colleagues in India, Asia and America. The candidate must be a good team player, highly articulate, and able to work well in a high pressure and technically challenging environment. Good technical, communication and interpersonal skills are particularly important.
The candidate must be able to evolve with the role, learn new technologies and act as a 3rd line escalation for complex issues.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
The candidate will join a team involved all aspects of supporting a multi-vendor Solaris / Linux platform covering production support, installation of new servers and project based work. This will inlcude early and late shifts (covering 07:00-19:00 Mon-Fri), weekend work and on-call.
Key Objectives critical to success of the role (if applicable):
- Investment Banking experience desirable but not essential.
- Enthusiastic, eager and personable.
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well as part of a team, and on their own when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to automate and develop tools
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive Unix production support experience (Solaris and Linux)
- Detailed working knowledge of Solaris and Linux Operating systems - Sun Solaris 10 and Linux Red Hat - mainly 5.x and 6.x
- Strong Shell (sh, ksh, bash) and Perl scripting skills
- Good understanding of LDAP, DNS (QIP), NIS and Veritas Foundation Suite (VCS, VxVM)
- Strong knowledge of VMWare 5.x and 6.x
- Strong knowledge of Networking concepts * SAN - EMC/HDS/HP and Netapps - NFS
Knowledge would be of benefit:
- Security/Authentication systems - Kerberos, cyberark * Monitoring - Sentinel, Splunk
- H/W knowledge of Sun Servers, IBM X Series, HP ProLiant and IBM/HP Blades beneficial.
- Cisco UCS
- Scripting languages - python. Powershell, SQL
- Automations tools - Puppet, Chef, Satellite
- Kernel tuning and performance analysis
Right to Work The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Successful candidates will be engaged under a contract for services by Resource Solutions.
Successful Candidates will not be employed by nor have any employment relationship with Nomura.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.