- Irvine, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Group
- 19 Jan 17
Req ID: 3202
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA); San Antonio (TX)
Relocation offered: No
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Technical Services / Engineering department responsible for designing, implementing, integrating and supporting a variety of the organization's client platforms (MAC, PC, laptop, print, mobile, etc.), operating systems and related infrastructure management components is looking for a Systems Engineer to specialize in mobility, with some exposure to enterprise Macs.
As a Systems Engineer located in Irvine, CA you will plan, design, and develop mobile IT and Mac solutions that support our Financial Industry Professionals and the business overall. The Systems Engineer will work - primarily with mobility - under limited supervision to ensure adherence to our standards while creating efficient, streamlined processes and procedures, and will provide L4 support for the most critical enterprise issues for mobility. On occasion, the System Engineer may be involved in engineering for the enterprise Macintosh environment as well.
As a Systems Engineer you will provide technical guidance and enterprise expertise to design, implement and deliver solutions that may span all aspects of mobility - including but not limited to: EMM (MDM, MAM, MCM,) mobile middleware and hardware, cloud storage, networking, SaaS integration, and EFSS. The team you would join is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure for mobility and Apple Macs.
The ideal candidate must be able to orchestrate and work with multiple engineering disciplines to produce an end-to-end moderately complex system solution. They must be able to work effectively in cross functional teams, and be adept at influencing/leading/owning engineering decisions.
- Engineering solutions for mobility by analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems in an enterprise that requires significant security and standardized, scalable, automated processes.
- Working collaboratively with associates in other engineering and operations teams to ensure solutions are delivered successfully and that issues are resolved quickly.
- Providing subject matter expertise and engineering proficiency to assist in project design/implementation and in troubleshooting issues that are unresolvable at an operational level.
- Working with manufacturers, vendors, support staff and internal clients to engineer robust systems and to resolve issues with professionalism and attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of concepts, procedures and techniques for using and supporting mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in the collection and documentation of business requirements, and technical requirements.
- The ability to work creatively and analytically in a highly regulated environment.
- Good Technology (e.g. Good for Enterprise, Good Dynamics, GEMS, Good Connect/Access).
- AirWatch (e.g. MDM, SEG, MAG, Tunnel, SCL)
- Microsoft O365 (Design, Transition and Administration).
- Enterprise Mobile Management (MDM, MAM, MCM).
- Enterprise Collaboration (e.g. WebEx, MS Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint).
- Enterprise Client Management Platforms (e.g. JAMF Casper Suite, Symantec/Altiris, SCCM, BlackBerry, MS Intune, Good Technology, AirWatch).
- Mobile OS software (e.g. iOS 6+, Android ICS+, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry).
- Client Virtualization (e.g. VMWare Fusion, VMWare View, Apple Parallels).
- Endpoint Security (e.g. client firewall, encryption, A/V, DLP).
- Enterprise Desktop Applications (e.g. MS Office, iTunes, Adobe Suite).
- Desktop/Server OS software (e.g. OS X Client/Server, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012).
- 4 or more years working in an enterprise mobility role ideal
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.