IT Project Manager
- Bethesda, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Profund Advisors
- 12 Jan 17
Position Summary: The Portfolio Applications Specialist is responsible for supporting and enhancing Portfolio Management and Portfolio Operations. The Portfolio Application Specialist will blend financial industry knowledge with technology skills to ensure the needs of the Portfolio Management and Portfolio Operations groups are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with IBOR (Portfolio Accounting System), Order Management System and other Portfolio Systems to ensure that they are operational on a daily basis.
- Support and deliver any needed enhancements, reports and extracts to ensure efficient work flow improvements.
- Responsible for all maintenance and upgrades to the Portfolio Systems as needed working closely with business, vendors and IT.
- Work with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify and define systems development projects.
- Manage technology vendor evaluations, relationships through the implementation and post implementation of Projects and Services.
- Ensure corporate technology standards and methodologies are documented and followed.
- Perform systems analysis, write functional and detailed design specifications, oversee work performed by software development vendors, acceptance testing, and implementation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics, Math, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 7 year experience in full–cycle technology solutions.
- 3+ years experience working with fund operations, investment accounting, and or order management systems
- Experience with IBOR (Advent Geneva), Reconciliation (Elektra), OMS (Charles River or EZE Castle), margin/financing, Data Warehouse (Information Builders) strongly desired.
- Three or more years project management experience with emphasis on enterprise systems development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, Report development skills (e.g. RSL, etc.)
- Developed time management and organizational skills and ability to properly prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to interact with various departments and all levels of management
- Entrepreneurial spirit encompassing self-starting and high motivation
- Ability to work independently with initiative and thoroughness
- Individual must be well organized and able to work in a team environment
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skill
 These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.