The Director - Software Architecture at Moody's Analytics Solutions is responsible for the direct line management of a team of Software Architects. This position is focused on managing and motivating team members to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Our Director - Software Architecture must possess a strong balance of software architecture / engineering skills and a proven ability to manage a team of Software Architects. This person will also need to have proven experience in architecting / developing end-to-end business applications using the Microsoft .NET platform, with a primary emphasis on browser-based applications. Because Moody's Analytics Solutions is a team based environment, it is vital that this individual works closely with not only our user stakeholders but others involved in development as well as our internal QA team to follow established coding standards and best practices.
Employees may be provided direct access to customer financial data and must treat and maintain such data with complete confidentiality to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
• Ensure all your team members work collaboratively with all functional areas
• Guide your team to continuously improve their architecture skills and practices
• Provide direction on-going to the proper direction of professional development / training programs that fit the needs of your team members
• Work closely with R&D management on talent acquisition and talent management, provide job descriptions, perform interviews, develop on-boarding plans, develop succession plans, etc…
• Provide input and track expense budget asks covering training, travel and team building
• Guide your subordinates to plan their careers, set both long and short term goals
• Communicate the vision from senior management and set and communicate business objectives for your team that align with this vision
• Accurately access the performance of your direct reports, perform timely PE's, coach and provide guidance based on performances and potential
• Nominate candidates for promotion with reasonable justifications
• Understand what motivates each of your team members; manage morale and turnover
• Ability to work with multiple hardware and software platforms at an advanced skill level
• Think strategically to align your team with the overall vision of the business
• Work with Sr. Software Architect(s) to:
o Work with senior leaders in the business to understand product roadmaps and define the aligned architectural vision
o Define a technology roadmap that communicates long term plans for technology adoption and end of life events
o Provide feedback on the product roadmaps; ensure that the technology roadmap is considered
o Define, communicate, evangelize and enforce architectural standards
o Review / approve design of application frameworks
o Identify technologies to research and POC development
o Lead the communication of the architectural vision across functional areas
o Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
• Manage, mentor and coach team members to meet expectations on the following:
o Coordinating with UI / UX and Engineering Teams to further Business Requirements into a completed product including inline documentation and unit testing
o Ability to create Estimates of Work to estimate time required to fulfill user requests
o Collaboration with other architects / developers to review others code and ensure accuracy and maintainability of code
o Verify functionality of completed work prior to moving into testing / quality assurance
o Work with other developers and Moody's Analytics personal as needed to train them in area of expertise and to uphold architecture / programming standards
o Develop test data and test plans including documentation in project / incident tracking system to provide direction for verification of functionality
o Follow schedule in project / incident tracking system including awareness of goal dates, pro-active communication and clear documentation of the progress of an item
o Document time associated with each assigned task in accordance to company standards
o Coordinate with and assist IT / Security / Customer Support / Management / Sales as needed
o Assist with automated scripting and quality assurance as needed.
o Ability to research and respond to customer questions received via telephone and email as needed
o Continued Learning in development technologies, banking / finance and Moody's Analytics products
• Other duties as assigned
ERS WebEquity Solutions
What qualifications will our Director - Software Architecture need to have?
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS or related majors from top institutions, Masters a plus
• 10+ year's professional software architecture / development experiences on multi-tiered enterprise applications
• Strong people skills
• Proven ability to manage a team of Architects / Engineers
• Strong expertise in SDLC processes, continuous builds, Team Foundation Server; mentors others in an effort to improve development processes more broadly
• Can motivate team members to succeed in a fast-paced team environment; is a calming influence to the team in the face of strong pressures to meet deadlines
• Skilled at setting objectives and evaluating the performance of individuals
• Is skilled in the areas of talent acquisition and talent management
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Consistently displays good presentation skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Ability to take direction from senior technical staff
• Ability to interact with all levels of management
• Financial experience / knowledge beneficial
• Highly analytical skills for troubleshooting hardware and software issues
• Exemplary organizational and follow-up skills
• Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Customer-focused, positive attitude required
• Great organizational and follow-up skills are required
What cultural characteristic are we looking for in our Director - Software Architecture?
• Intellectually curious
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross -functional technical and non-technical teams as well as senior level business executives
• Ability to work after hours to accommodate the release schedule of our software and the operational needs of our customers
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Interested in learning new technologies and tools in order to develop best practices
• Have a highly energetic, flexible, and driven personality
• Be able to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment
• Possess strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Produce high quality deliverables
Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.