Senior Project / Program Manager - Business Change Management
- $120,000 - $150,000
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
- 19 Jan 17
This Front Office funded Business Change and Transformation team, a part of a top Global Investment Bank in New York seek a Vice-President level Project Manager to join this ‘internal consultancy’ group and work on key initiatives.
This unit is responsible for leading the most significant projects form the Front- Office derived book of work, often regulatory driven, sometimes revenue generating, but always global, involving large budgets and visible to the senior executive committee and board level stakeholders.
The Senior Project Manager is expected to be able to run large change / transformation projects from the strategy or design phase, to execution and delivery. Applicants should have the ability to be able to set-up projects from scratch; the environment is complex and to navigate the business takes time and patience. We therefore recommend only applicants with a certain level of tenacity apply.
The typical duties of a Senior Program / Project Manager within this team include the following;
- Translate business strategy into executable program of delivery including maintenance of detailed project plans covering all deliverables (process, people, IT, control) to drive change and achieve Program objectives.
- Delivering regulatory reporting solutions to satisfy a number of regulatory initiatives including SEC, Volcker, Dodd Frank, EMIR, etc.
- Developing detailed level project documents including, but not limited to project plans with deliverables and dependencies, project mandates, a communication plan and status reporting.
- Ensuring that all parties are aware of the programme scope, the benefits that it expects to deliver, the benefits it actually realizes and the programme timelines.
- Executing and/or managing the progress of the programme against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities where necessary.
- Resolving or (where appropriate) escalating issues and risks and ensuring that appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Effectively communicating with key programme stakeholders on programme progress.
- Taking responsibility for quality assurance within the program by overseeing that Program Services methodologies, standards and procedures are being implemented regionally.
- Manage and support management information reporting to senior stakeholders (in partnership with PMO); including transparency in status communication and advising on ad-hoc senior stakeholder requests.
- Facilitate workshops and chair working groups with senior attendees.
- Ensure neutrality position is maintained to take independent.
In summary, we need individuals that are either ex-management consultants from one of the large management consultancy’s such as PWC, EY, Deliotte or Accenture, who have then moved into the investment banking arena and been responsible for their own initiatives. Or, individuals that have had extensive Project / Programme management experience across business (not technology), orientated change / transformation tasks within Investment Banking.
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in an analytical discipline (Engineering, Economics and/or Finance) from a top-tier institution would be advantageous. The ability to work in a time sensitive environment and handle and or prioritise multiple urgent tasks simultaneously across multiple time zones is essential, this is a truly global team. As expected, we are seeking candidates with excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills, able to work across multiple stakeholders and functions.
To summarise the experience required;
- Ex-Management Consultant, ideally from the Big 4
- Chief Operating Officer / COO
- Programme Director level experience
- Delivery across business areas such as Front Office, Operations, Finance, Risk and Regulation
- Top tier Banking & Finance industry experience
- Experience managing significant project budgets
- Articulate, sharp, well presented and diligent
- Effective communicator, with a very polished nature.
To apply for this role, please follow the link attached or email email@example.com directly, attaching your CV and contact details.