Analytical Architecture software developer
- 200k plus bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Isaacson Search Company
- 04 Jan 17
Major hedge fund with 3.4 Billion AUM is looking for a strong analytical developer with infrastructure software developement background
• Design and implementation of analytical and infrastructural software tools to be used by
researchers and portfolio managers of a quantitative investment strategy.
• Must have deep knowledge of modern data paradigms and the tools needed for architecture,
design and management of very large and/or distributed data sets, and the ability and aptitude
for applying these tools in a business setting.
• This role also requires familiarity with statistical and machine learning techniques, as well as the
ability to develop production-quality code that supports these techniques.
• Minimum three years' experience in a work or post-graduate setting required.
• Must have experience that includes managing large data sets and complex software systems,
preferably in a Linux environment, that are depended upon by multiple users. Prior background
in finance is not required.
• Must be comfortable with writing code in Python, C/C++, SQL, q/Kdb+, Java, or similar
• The ideal candidate would also have experience with distributed/big data platforms such as
Hadoop and Spark, or cloud platforms.
• A proven software engineer, with an advanced degree in computer science, engineering,
mathematics, statistics, the natural sciences, or a related field.