Assistant Director - Technical Consultant
- Responsible for all technical aspects of Moody's Analytics software implementation
- Work closely with customer's IT team to design the most appropriate integration architecture and batch workflow, develop customization, troubleshoot technical issues, and manage technical workstream
- Perform software installation, user training, write technical documents, and provide 1 st level technical troubleshooting and support
- Troubleshoot issues in Oracle database, J2EE applications, and Web Application Server
- Write customization code in SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Java, and shell scripts
Department / Team:
ERS Strategic Platform Management
- Degree in IT or Engineering with at least 6 years of project experience in a software organization, consultancy or system integrator.
- Good interpersonal skills and client facing project experience
- Minimum 3 years of fulltime work on Oracle database in one or more of the following roles: PL/SQL developer, DBA, and/or database consultant/specialist
- Proficient in Oracle database, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g/12c, Unix system, database installation, troubleshooting, fine tuning work, optimization of database performance, audit trail, security checks, etc
- Good understanding of web technologies and web application server configuration (Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, and/or JBOSS)
- Oracle 11g/12c OCP database and web application server administrator certification would be an advantage
- Good understanding of server hardware, data storage, web based application architecture, and big data technologies
- Ability to conduct technical training and provide support to presales activities
- A good team player and enjoy interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to take control and self-govern ongoing self-development.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills, ability to communicate to clients at different levels. Excellent command of English.
- Must be flexible with travel including international travel - upwards of 50% travel.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.