- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Associate Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities
- Assist in the delivery of multiple complex projects and programs which are broad in scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, have medium to long term implementation time frames and are cross functional. Actively demonstrate abilities as a 'Self Starter, 'In Charge' & 'Thought Leader'
- Consistently demonstrate MIT (Moody's Information Technology) values, especially in the area of personal leadership within assigned project(s) and organizational team.
- Support the Project Managers across the complete project lifecycle, lead project sessions such as estimation, requirements, scheduling/planning within an iterative development (RUP, Agile) framework.
- Collaborate with key team members to champion the change throughout the organization, incorporate lessons learned into future projects to ensure desired results.
- Coordinate relationships across business by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Partner with corporate planning to track project/program budgets at a detailed level.
- Support issue resolution, risk identification and mitigation, change and dependency management.
- Ensure all communications are audience appropriate.
- Actively participate in advancing and maturing the project management team's capabilities, ensuring continuous improvement across discipline.
- Map, measure and improve the underlying processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans, as needed.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data, and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results.
- Develop knowledge of corporate strategy and business activities and contribute to the development of MIS (Moody's Investors Service) business strategy; develop strategies for initiatives to strengthen and grow the core business
Moody's Information Technology
- Strong meeting/workshop facilitation skills and documented experience.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (including waterfall, RUP, and/or Agile) and industry best practices.
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, and curious.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Work, Project, and SharePoint
- Proven ability to create and present written and verbal communications that are audience appropriate.
- Ability to analyze and challenge current working methods to create improvements in processes and result.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams, proven teamwork and coaching skills with demonstrated experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and locations. Ability to analyze operational data to make fact based decisions that improve the business.
- Plan and accomplish goals with a significant degree of innovation and creativity.
- Knowledge of business strategy and planning
- Traveling may be required depending on the project (10-15%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance/Accounting or related field
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.