- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jan 17
See job description for details
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About the role:
A front office technology role for Macro business, with exposure to a mixture of buy and build technology in a dynamic and expanding strategic area. You will be expected to understand and contribute to the build out of JPMorgan's strategic sales and client platform (JPMM) for Macro products from pre-trade to post-trade end to end.
About the team:
You will be part of the Global Client Technology team, a dynamic group of 100 technologists around the globe. The team is responsible for delivering Research, pre-trade Analytics, pricing and structuring, execution and post trade function supporting Macro business' effort to roll out JPMM as technology platform directly to our tens of thousands of sales and clients globally.
Our business vision is simple:
- Maintain and extend #1 industry leadership.
- Implement low latency and high availability infrastructure.
- Best-in-class cross-asset client platform and operational capabilities.
• The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of Macro JPMM platform. Specifically you can expect to:
• Design technology solutions on different scales
• Be mindful of cost / benefit analysis in everything they do
• Advise management and project managers on build or buy decisions - and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context
• Cut code to deliver enhanced functionality across our suite of in-house components and applications
• Be an expert on integrating in-house applications to existing vendor technology (KDB, Solace etc.)
• Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
• Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes including waterfall and agile
• Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks
• Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
• Ensure UI/ UX wireframe compliance with the design
• Experience in optimizing/profiling, multithreading, and tuning
• Test driven development
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational ability, time and project management skills to juggle many priorities
• Java - excellent core understanding and low-level programming experience
• Experience of low-latency, high throughput systems
• Fixed Income product knowledge
• Business/technical analysis experience in a financial environment.
• Knowledge of electronic markets, execution and quantitative market making.