Java Developer (AVP) - Equity Derivatives
The candidate will join the Front Office development team.
The IT team is a key partner to the Equity Derivatives business and has been a major contributor to its recent success.
Project details are commercially-sensitive but the key features are:
- Significant business engagement and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- A highly motivated and engaged development team
- Solid focus on quality and commercial benefits
As an agile application developer the successful candidate will work closely with business users, quants and other members of the development team to provide quality systems that will:
- Improve productivity
- Decrease operational risk
- Enable the business to expand
They will be working on high profile applications and will have the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
- Develop, test, design, manage and support high quality systems.
- Develop solid relationships with business users through understanding the challenges that they face, then build systems that will allow them to overcome them.
- Maintain a solid focus on quality.
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements.
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities.
- Experience developing software:
- Server side technologies (C#/Java)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of application architecture and design
- An open mind and the ability to learn, and adapt quickly
- A passion for technology and innovation
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- Experience with Equity Derivatives
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban)
- Experience developing and testing using an Object Oriented language
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts/experience
- Knowledge and experience of derivative valuation and financial modeling
- The ability to develop intuitive and attractive user interfaces which improve user experience
- Solid client relationship skills with a strong customer service-oriented attitude