Using DevOps principles to drive process improvements that reduce release times, lower risk and improve quality
Coordinate across multiple (competing) stakeholder groups
- Work within, and improve upon, a governance framework to ensure all deployment predecessors and successors are satisfied:
- PDLC Sign-Offs
- CAB Reviews
- Production Readiness
- Lead multi-vendor, cross-functional teams in support of major releases
- Periodically review team processes and procedures, then design and implement innovations in order to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Provide management reporting regarding Release Management quality and operations
- Ensure consistency of test and production environments
- Responsible for release communication, preparation, and training activities
- Coordinate production requirements with Service Management
- Design and oversee master deployment plan creation for project and program releases
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of change and configuration management experience, including 2+ years of successfully managing release/deployment teams.
- Must have project leadership discipline and a good understanding of delivery processes.
- Experience in developing automation scripts a huge plus
- Experience with diverse application environment (client/server, web services, RDBMS, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts preferred
- A strong familiarity with systems and release automation principles with hands-on experience (3+ years) with Nolio, Jenkins, PowerShell, VBS, etc., or equivalents strongly preferred
- 3 years' experience with supporting parallel application environments for multiple and interdependent project efforts.
The key competencies for this position include:
- Driving the successful completion of projects in a technical, business analysis or management role over a sustained time period.
- Individual demonstrates Moody's values, especially in the area of Leadership.
- Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines and is willing to serve as a mentor to others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, IT management and staff.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.