Scala/ Full Stack Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Contract, Full time
- Insight Global, Inc.
- 10 Aug 16
Insight Global is looking to fill multiple openings for an application developer team within the derivatives division of a large financial bank. This team will be responsible for building out new trading applications for the derivatives business. They will work together and think of innovative ways to build out these new web based applications with technologies including front end & back end languages.These developers will work closely with business users, quants, and other members of the team to provide quality systems for the business that will be used to improve productivity, decrease operational risk, and enable the business to expand.
- Experience with Web – based languages: Angular.JS, etc.
- Experience with server side based languages: Scala or C# or Java (Scala most preferred)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Experience developing web based applications
- Agile environment/ Test Driven development (TDD)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high pressured environment
- Open minded and have the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Hedge fund experience
- Works on side project, mobile apps, etc. on his free time
- Won awards (IE: Hackathons, projects from college, etc.)
- Has a GitHub account
- Active/credible on StackOverflow
Note from manager:
“This team setup is more like a start-up technology firm than a typical Investment Banking IT. We are looking for hardcore coders, the type of people that keep up with the latest technology just because it interests them. We are not looking for people that are working on legacy projects at Investment Banks, where they have generally progressed with the technology of the firm, but lack a certain level of personal initiative.”
The positions will provide a long term opportunity within a dynamic team that is setup more like a start-up rather than a typical financial company. This team is extremely collaborative and this manager also holds weekly finance and technology training to further his teams career. These developers will work closely with business users, quant analyst and developers, and other members of the team to provide quality systems for the business that will be used to improve productivity, decrease operational risk, and enable the business to expand.