Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Provides professional skills necessary for all phases of Product, Services and Pricing data analysis and modeling
- Review, analyze and evaluate customer business requirements and solution objectives
- Analyzes data with basic statistical methods, interpreting results, and documenting summaries of results and design
- Participates in ongoing implementation team decisions
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program function and steps required to develop or modify applications
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering is required
- 2+ years computer software or IT industry experience, including software development, support or consulting
- Strong analytical & technical background in Excel and Access
- Creative thinker who can think outside the box
- Must be able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be highly organized and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work independently, as well as under supervision
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
- Must value working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent problem solving, research and analysis, technical and leadership skills
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in a related field required.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- System/business analysis experience required.
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.