Senior Software Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Trevose Partners Limited
- 16 Jan 17
My client is a global leader in the provision of financial services technology and data services and although a large multinational company they are best viewed as a collection of startups under one large umbrella. They currently have multiple openings for senior Software Engineers with Scala, C++, Java or Python experience and are willing to offer a very attractive package for successful candidates.
Under the MiFID II banking regulation all firms must have a copy of all trade information which cannot be tampered with and must be easily accessible to both the firm and its regulators; my client creates this record and sells it back to the trading firms. The record consists of messages, email, voice and other communication records and offers Software Engineers an opportunity to build a new petabyte scale object store to manage long-term archiving of communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data in a geo-distributed, reliable, scalable, and regulatory-compliant way.
- A BS/BA in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- 4+ years of experience with C++, Java or Scala and the ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills with a creative and flexible attitude
- Experience with storage infrastructures such as NFS, HDFS and Cassandra
- Familiarity with data presentation, analytics, and visualization
- Experience working with data distributed across large data storage clusters