- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
Senior Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing, participating in and consulting on the architecture, design, development and implementation of multiple software development projects of various sizes & complexity. The candidate will have a proven ability to drive technical projects and provide leadership for a team of developers in an onsite/offshore delivery model in a fast paced environment.
- Have experience providing technical leadership to development teams to ensure development of solutions within established architecture and coding/technology standards.
- Provide technology and design thought leadership to internal groups
- Assume primary ownership for assigned projects and work with various technology communities to achieve project objectives.
- Conduct design and code reviews, ensuring proper coding, conformance to standards and best practices, including performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility and high quality.
- Ability to multi-task, lead multiple efforts and projects and deliver solutions
- Participate in cross-training exercises, including application development knowledge transition planning and delivery
- Participate in cross-departmental groups for the purposes of standards development, third-party tool evaluations, community of professionals, etc.
- Participate in Production Support Escalation if necessary for high-severity issues
- 8 or more years' experience as a software engineer
- 4 or more years' experience leading a team of developers
- Experience in multiple methodologies including Agile, Waterfall or RUP-style SDLC's
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both technical and non-technical content clearly and succinctly to multiple audiences
- Strong experience with Java 1.7 / Java EE 6 and above.
- Strong experience in Object oriented design and development; ability to create design artifacts using UML such as object & data models, sequence and state diagrams, etc.
- Strong experience in developing web services using SOAP, REST and Message driven services using JMS
- Strong experience with open source technologies such as Spring Framework, Hibernate, Java caching
- Strong experience in Test driven development using Junit
- Strong experience developing applications running in Jboss application server; familiar with Jboss EAP 6.3.x and above.
- Experience developing reactive distributed applications, real time data pipelines & streaming applications, large-scale data processing applications, and Microservices.
- Experience designing and developing applications using Kafka, Apache Spark, Akka, Play framework, Lagom, Hadoop.
- Experience with NOSQL databases and document stores such as Cassandra, MongoDb
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux platform. .NET experience a plus.
- Experience with message driven application development using IBM MQ or Active MQ.
- Knowledge of SOA application development using ESB such as IBM IIB or TIBCO.
- Experience with software change and configuration management processes and tools, such as Subversion, Git, Jira
- Experience with software build technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Sonarqube/Coverity and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with TOGAF a plus.
- Database experience developing and designing SQL code a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.