Software Engineer – User Interface
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 17
Analyze, design and develop next generation User Interfaces for desktop, web and mobile environments. Architect and develop communication platform for call processing, recording and management software. Quickly understand and work with third party SDKs and multi-channel connectivity to audio and peripheral interfaces.
Software Engineer – User Interface
Cloud9 Technologies is a Cloud Communications platform that provides voice, messaging and collaboration services for businesses. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, and advanced WebRTC technologies to transform how people communicate within enterprises. We want to do for enterprise communication what What’s App and Facebook Messenger has done for consumer communication – with the security, control and agility needed by Fortune 500 companies.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs, who are also highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays and ICAP. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal and Waters Technology. We were also recently named the 2016 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology.
Many of our customers are in the financial markets, where traders use the Cloud9 service to engage with their trading partners. Today we operate across 26 countries and have 2,200 users on our platform. We’re adding more users every month, and we’re fueled by overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working as part of a highly skilled delivery-oriented development team, you will be responsible for the design and development of all of our Client Side software. We build complex multithreaded apps and manage the whole process, and we’d like you to jump right in.
- Analyze, design and develop next generation User Interfaces for desktop, web and mobile environments.
- Architect and develop communication platform for call processing, recording and management software.
- Quickly understand and work with third party SDKs and multi-channel connectivity to audio and peripheral interfaces.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
Required Skills and Experience:
- Passion for developing front end systems that makes life easier for end users.
- Solid working knowledge of C# fundamentals and multithreading.
- Highly comfortable and fluid writing user interfaces in WPF.
- Experience writing complex MVVM applications and working with DI Containers.
- Applied knowledge of OO architecture principles and patterns.
- Experience architecting high-frequency, low latency nonblocking systems a huge plus.
- Expertise with messaging over different middleware transports and restful services.
- Solid understanding data transmission and in different wire formats – json, xml, protobuf
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, scrum, TDD.
- Strong work ethic, ownership mentality, and desire to learn and improve.
- An entrepreneurial work style and the ability to work with urgency in a self-directed manner.
- A love of collaboration.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
Masters Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Cloud9 Technologies, LLC. values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.