Sr QA Analyst (FIX Protocol)
- New York, NY, USA
- Part time, Contract
- Synechron Inc.
- 14 Jan 17
Synechron is looking to hire Senior QA Analyst (FIX Protocol) in NYC for a 3 months project
Synechron, one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology services providers, is a $400 million firm based in New York. Since inception in 2001, Synechron has been on a steep growth trajectory. With 6,000+ professionals operating in 16 countries across the world, it has presence across USA, Canada, UK, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Serbia, Germany, Italy, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and Development Centers in India.
- Design comprehensive test plans and cases that cover functional and technical specifications, integration, compatibility, and performance.
- Build and provide estimates for tasks needed to execute test plans/scripts.
- Develop automation that adheres to industry standards for code design, version control and documentation.
- Provide automation development guidance to junior test developers.
- Perform periodic code reviews to verify automation code quality.
- Perform manual functional, exploratory and negative testing, documenting test scripts and automating for regression.
- Design and develop robust, reusable and easily maintainable automation architecture. Propose framework extensions or redesigns as required.
- Identify and implement product or process improvements.
- Ensure that test reports provide information needed to quickly assess overall results and efficiently investigate failures. Document defects with steps to reproduce.
- Understand testing objectives and priorities and work with other team members to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead multiple testers allocated to one or more projects running in parallel.
- Set up test environments and ensure that specified test sets are correctly executing on the proper code branches.
- Assist other team members with maintaining and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Participate in periodic release activities as required.
- BS in computer science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience with manual and automated testing.
- Experience testing foreign exchange, financial trading or risk management systems preferred.
- Strong development skills; expertise with test automation development
- Strong knowledge of VB Scripting, SQL, XML, and FIX.
- Expertise with QTP (UFT) is a must; expertise with LoadRunner and/or Selenium is a plus