- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President, Government & Public Affairs
Location: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaThis position reports into the Moody's Government & Public Affairs Group and will have a particular focus on the Latin American region. It will be based in Mexico City, Buenos Aires, or São Paulo.
This position will be responsible for analyzing regulatory developments and frameworks; drafting responses to policy initiatives; nurturing relationships with policymakers in the region and for anticipating, identifying and strategizing on regulatory developments that have the potential to impact Moody's.
- Assist in analyzing regulatory frameworks in jurisdictions where Moody's is, or is considering, carrying on business
- Direct and manage work product from local external counsel
- Help ensure that Moody's management understands the potential implications of global and local regulatory and legislative developments
- Assist in formulating and communicating Moody's positions on issues of strategic importance with respect to legislative and regulatory initiatives that could affect Moody's
- Interact with the lines of business to obtain feedback on how proposed reforms could affect Moody's operations and to develop policy positions that are aligned with corporate strategies
- Coordinate or lead complex, cross-departmental analytical and writing projects relating to regulatory matters that affect Moody's
- Interact with Moody's Compliance and Legal Departments to help support the development of policies and policy implementation strategies related to legislative and regulatory initiatives
- Support effective communication to and by Moody's Communications Team about regulatory and legislative developments that may affect Moody's
- Raise the visibility of Moody's in a positive manner by assisting with the establishment of and nurturing of a network of government officials and influencers
- Engage with regulators and government officials in Latin America on ratings related issues, including on the development or amendment of the local regulatory regime applicable to rating agencies
- Assist with efforts to improve external understanding of Moody's and its role in the market
- Gather intelligence on the evolving direction of relevant policy thinking and communicate it internally within Moody's
- Serve as relationship manager for select external third party organizations
- Lead projects for the group as required
- Travel will be required
Moody's Government & Public Affairs Group
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High-level of competence in both written and verbal communication in English, as well as in Spanish.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent (e.g. licenciatura ) in law, economics or international relations is required.
- 8+ years of post-graduate work experience focusing on securities law, banking law, credit markets, public policy, government or international relations
- At least 5 years of experience in preparing written submissions or complex regulatory filings for securities or other financial sector regulators, and/or equivalent experience working for a financial sector regulator, and/or experience in an analytical role at a supranational organisation such as the International Monetary Fund
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, cross-departmental analytical and writing projects
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting deadlines and priorities under limited supervision
- Self-motivated and results oriented with good team working skills
- Advanced degree in law is preferred (LLM)
- Exposure to strategic planning would be an advantage
- Advanced degree in a related field is preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills in Portuguese is a plus
- Self-confident and collaborative individual who is comfortable in a multi-cultural and international work environment
- Evidence of dynamic, creative, flexible and thoughtful approach to issues
- Interest in public policy particularly as it relates to financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the most senior representatives of organisations
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate or manage cross-departmental projects
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.