Senior Manager, Assurance - Adelaide
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Adelaide based Assurance team. This role is offered on a full-time basis, noting a flexible work arrangement option would also be considered for the right candidate. We are seeking a driven and ambitious Senior Manager to play a key role in delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile assurance engagements primarily in the oil and gas sector, leading highly skilled project teams, and driving growth by developing new and existing clients. In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment. Your key responsibilities:
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading complex audit engagements, managing the engagement team and client relationships, and keeping engagement leaders updated
- Effectively managing audit processes and defining audit strategies with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Delivery of quality reports to client management and Audit & Risk Committees and Boards
- Engaging with clients, striving to understand client strategies and business plans and the consequential impact on our audit to deliver a first class client service
- Bring an inquisitive approach to the use of innovative audit techniques to enhance quality, engagement efficiency, team and client experience
- Providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout engagements, including identification of improvements in business processes and possible recommendations, and prepare and deliver these to clients
- Constantly developing your understanding of current industry and market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Coach and mentor other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge, in particular listed entity and oil and gas resources sector knowledge and experience
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and striving to deliver a first class client service across the audit engagement, and by referring clients to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
Who are Assurance?
- 8+ years' experience as an auditor
- Demonstrated experience delivering external audit and assurance engagements at Senior Manager level
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on complex listed company audits
- Experience in oil and gas or mining and metals sector, including audit experience
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- A recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young, Australia.
© 2019 Ernst & Young, New Zealand.
All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.