- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Kelly Executive
Assistant Company Secretary
Assistant Company Secretary
This position has arisen due to an Internal promotion as part of the companys ongoing committment to provide career progression throughout the business.
If you want to break free of the shackles and freshen up in a new relaxed environment, this is the opportunity for you. With monthly mingles where Table Tennis tournaments and Mario Kart, you are sure to enjoy your new surroundings and colleagues company.
Overseeing Governance, Risk and Compliance you will be responsible for supporting management and the Board evaluate, respond to, and monitor compliance with legislative requirements and regulatory expectations. This position also supports effective governance practices, including company secretarial and Board meeting activities, the policy framework and contractual arrangements.
The main areas of focus for the position will involve:
- Supporting the ongoing development and implementation of an effective, practical risk management system
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory change, and developing strategic and operational responses in conjunction with the business
- Monitoring compliance with legislation, policies and procedures and agreed operating principles
- Maintaining effective compliance with the Trustee's AFSL and RSE Licence
- Company secretarial activities, including producing Board and Committee papers and minutes
- Assisting with monitoring the performance of key professional, administration, insurance and outsourced contracts
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in a legal, commercial, business or management field, plus further qualifications in corporate governance/company secretarial would be highly desirable
- Three years' experience in professional and/or managerial roles in the financial services industry. Senior management experience in Board governance and company secretarial accountabilities would be highly desirable
- Detailed understanding of ASIC, APRA, AUSTRAC and other regulatory requirements and risk management disciplines, tools, methods and techniques
- A sound knowledge of administrative, financial, and commercial management disciplines and compliance requirements
- Commercial acumen in negotiating major contracts and projects and in dealing with stakeholders and key suppliers at senior levels
- Demonstrated understanding and preparedness to commit to the organisation's values and the ability to form long term client relationships
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest and you meet the hiring criteria, please feel free to apply for a confidential discussion and chance to review the Job Description.