Assurance (IT) Manager - Melbourne
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Manager to join our Assurance team in Melbourne. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis and will require travel up to 20% to serve internal and client needs. You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements. In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Build and lead a team to deliver IT-related audit procedures for the audits of financial statement for small- to mid-sized companies and other organisations. Collaborate with Assurance professionals to design and deliver high quality, integrated, repeatable, efficient IT audit services.
- Understand client's industry and recognise key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technology and industry developments. Stay informed of general business, economic and technology developments and their effect on clients. Assess risks associated with emerging technologies, including RPA and AI, identify mitigating IT controls and help Assurance professionals plan responsive audit strategies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of IT application controls, IT general controls and system-generated reports across a range of client industries and technology platforms. Consistently apply EY's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards, including AuASB and US PCAOB auditing standards, to deliver high-quality IT audit services.
- Apply knowledge of IT risks and controls to deliver high quality engagements, addressing IT and financial reporting risks, strengthening internal control and improving and protecting business performance while providing business insights and value to clients.
- Guide and promote the build-out of IT audit capability in Melbourne Core Assurance. Develop, deploy and maintain enablers to promote efficient and consistent IT audit service delivery.
- Manage and motivate teams of IT audit professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality IT audit services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks.
Who are Assurance?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- 5 years of progressive experience with a mid-to-large size public accounting firm, professional consulting firm, or within industry.
- Demonstrated experience applying relevant technical knowledge of one the following:
- IT integration of financial statement audits;
- Internal controls/SOX; or
- IT-related internal and/or external audits
- Experience in managing engagements or projects, preparing and delivering reports, and giving presentations.
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.