Data Analytics - Senior Analyst
Data is central to our service offerings, enabling us to deliver quality insights to our clients that others cannot. At Deloitte, we help decision-makers' maximise the value of data - turning everyday information into useful and actionable insights. What will your typical day look like?
We are looking for an ambitious analytics professional with a real passion for analytics and delivering valuable insights, and who thinks differently about problems and solutions. Working as part of our team you will work with a range of internal and external clients on the issues that matter to them; how to use their information and insights to drive efficiency, grow revenue and introduce innovation to their market offering.
We want you to design and develop flexible and extensible analytic solutions that encompass people, process and technology to deliver tangible value to our client's business and/or their customers.
We expect you to be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders, directing junior resources on a project, scoping and pricing an engagement, designing a pragmatic team structure, structuring and writing a deliverable and coding an algorithm.
Ideally you will also have at least a good understanding of analytic methodologies / techniques, relational databases and visualisation based story telling. About the team
The Audit and Assurance Analytics Team is responsible for delivery of complex, analytically driven solutions to help our clients achieve clear differentiation and sustainable competitive advantage through improved decision-making.
We believe that success comes from really understanding the full business impact of choices and using analytics to drive improved operational and strategic decision-making. We understand the complexity of the choices our clients face and we work alongside them to use this understanding to make the right decisions and implement quickly and successfully.
Designed to be different, our team brings diverse thinkers from science, mathematics, business, finance, software development and consulting to work together in a dynamic and creative environment.
Working with us will mean:
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
- Clearly articulating the value proposition that end-to-end analytic solutions bring to a client
- Translating analytic outcomes into plain English and explaining their business impact to non-technical senior stakeholders
- Supporting a project team of our analytics specialists including defining and managing scope, budget, issues, risks, schedules and the stakeholders
- Helping to coordinate the design and development of analytic assets including the identification and collection of appropriate data to solve an identified business problem
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with extensive experience in explaining complex technical concepts in simple terms
- A demonstrated track record in successfully bridging the gap between technology & business teams and stakeholders
- A personal commitment to continuous learning with a demonstrated track record of keeping up to date with emerging analytics toolsets, approaches, methods and algorithms
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively toward common goals and past experience in leading analytics professionals
- Demonstrated experience in scoping, pricing and delivering analytic engagements
- Demonstrated deep expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Mining & Management / Predictive Analytics / Machine Learning / Optimisation / Business Rules Engines / Geospatial Analysis / Risk Scoring & Identification
- Demonstrate experience with a range of languages / tools such as:
- SQL / R / Alteryx / Python / Tableau / QlikView / GitHub / VBA
- Demonstrate experience with improving team quality, efficiency and skill sets
- Understand & articulate the commercial implications of analytic solutions
- Understand data in the context of financial reporting and decision making
- A proven ability to create advanced analytical models that are fit for purpose and scalable
- Accounting knowledge and experience
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $70,000 per annum, inclusive of 9.5% superannuation. Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.