DevOps Engineer #Closer #Braver #Faster The Role
The cloud services team builds and runs a multichannel customer platform supporting tens of thousands of colleagues and customers everyday. We know that Agile, Continuous Delivery, Cloud, Infrastructure as Code, and application automation is key to producing lean and rapid innovation securely, and will deliver value to our colleagues and customers. This role is a key part of the platform's transformation to the DevOps way of working and works in our specialist Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Design, Build and Manage well architected products & services for IAG's public cloud/paas using modern software delivery practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Delivery.
- Drive adoption of Continuous Delivery, DevOps practices, processes and tooling to assist workload teams migrate on-premise workloads to cloud.
- Champion and advocate for cloud best practices, automation of operations and services. E.g. Cost Optimization, Performance Efficiency, Reliability, Security & Operational Excellence
- Research industry best practices to develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance and ensure delivery aligns with to organisational policies
- Provide technical leadership to the engineers
- Seek out ways the cloud platform can uplift capability both from a product (what we deliver), process (how we deliver) and people (who delivers) perspective and lead specific continuous improvement initiatives using experimentation and agile frameworks to improve
- A solid developer/sysadmin/ops, automation and monitoring (instrumentation) background
- AWS e.g. API Gateway, Lambda/serverless, ACLs, VPNs & EC2/ECS/k8s microservices
- Security driven e.g. embedding security in software delivery
- Python, Ruby
- Docker, ci/cd tools, vmware, load balancing
- Atlassian suite - Confluence, Jira, Bamboo, Git etc
- CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.