Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
About the role
- Highly skilled and experienced Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Excellent exposure to the Executive Finance Leadership team
- Opportunity to build your career at NAB
This role will be the 2IC to the Director in the Performance Reporting team providing leadership and support across the Group during the planning and forecasting process. You will provide guidance and leadership to the Group in the budgeting, planning and forecasting process coupled with provide management reporting to support the operational performance and strategic decisions by providing evidence-based data. It will be your remit to review, challenge and report on financial results whilst being able to drive, design and deliver targeted analysis that gives meaningful insights into business performance. The successful candidate will:
What will I be doing?
- Represent the Director during the Group planning and forecasting process across finance and key stakeholder groups including Treasury, Strategy and Risk;
- Manage planning and forecasting activities on behalf of the Director; and
- Proactively or as directed by the Director to work closely with colleagues across Finance to perform ad-hoc planning and forecasting financial analysis to drive commercial and actionable outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
Skills and experience
- Develop target setting for business units;
- Support the Board plan submission;
- Manage the Group plan transfer process;
- Manage the Hyperion planning system including the data integrity of the plan in HFM;
- Be a thought leader within the broader finance community with respect to strategy, culture and delivery; and
- Proactively monitoring risk and assurance requirements within agreed Risk Appetite and managing non-compliance in a timely manner (required risk accountability for all roles);
- Other ad-hoc task as directed by the Director.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous and complex environment and have the following:
- Proven extensive experience in a similar Financial Planning and Analysis leadership role
- Deep technical accounting expertise and financial analysis and reporting experience.
- Highly evolved communication and leadership skills coupled with critical thinking and a strategic mindset.
- Ability to engage and influence across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to connect the dots and see ramifications for particular course of action
- Provide guidance and advice to Finance Partners and senior finance individuals
- Prior experience within a listed environment
- Financial Services experience
- Relevant qualification in Commerce, Accounting or Business; and CA or equivalent post qualification.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
02 Jan 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time