Head of Startup Solutions Architects, ANZ
Would you like to lead a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services within the startup customer segment in the ANZ region? Would you like to build a business focused on helping hyper-growth technology companies innovate and grow? Do you have the business savvy and the technical pre-sales background necessary to help establish AWS as the primary technology platform provider for startups around the world?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a technical leader with proven experience in strategic thought leadership and detailed execution to develop and grow teams of customer obsessed technical professionals who partner with startup customers to advise, mentor, and on-board production workloads to the cloud. As a member of the Global Solution Architect Leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support all types of workloads for startups across ANZ.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solution architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with ANZ sales leadership, you will drive customer outcomes, innovation, and service growth across a broad set of customers. You will also lead a group of solution architects that focus on the key influence groups that work with startups and that invest in them, such as VC funds and incubators and accelerators.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our startup customers, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and leading specific customer engagement and interaction with technical startup founders, CXOs and entrepreneurs looking to build their business on AWS. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and execute a customer-outcome plan. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solution Architect Leaders from internal and external sources.
• Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
• Educate startup customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices to influence early stage startups.
• This is a regional role; expect moderate travel.
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support. Basic Qualifications
• 5+ years of technology related pre-sales, technology consulting, or business development experience.
• 5+ years leading senior technical staff in demanding customer contexts
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
• Working knowledge of cutting-edge software development tools and methodologies.
• Experience working with startups and technical founders and entrepreneurs.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience successfully building and executing technical strategies for Fortune 1000 accounts.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud platforms.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to derive patterns from multiple disparate datasets
• A passion for learning and for helping others to learn
• Comfort with assuming high-profile leadership roles in demanding, highly-visible customer situations
• Comfort speaking on highly-technical subjects in front of what may be very large audiences