Industrial Relations Officer for Union Organisation | ASAP Start | Contract & Permanent positions Your new company
You will join one of the largest national union and professional industry organisations to assist with empowering individuals to maximise their influence over the professions, their working environment, the industry system and broader community. Your new role
Under the management of the Senior Industrial Officer you will represent the industrial and employee relations interests of member in relevant forums including preparing cases for hearing before the Fair Work Commission or other applicable tribunals. You will also:
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage a group of organisers and provide IR & ER advice and assistance to branch management staff and members
- Ensure member issues are managed and resolved in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with all to provide high quality advocacy and advice.
- Be responsible for negotiations for important matters including Enterprise Bargaining etc.
- Assist development of the strategy and policy within the Branch.
To be successful you will need:
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualification in Law
- Experience in IR & ER matters
- Hold a current Victoria drivers' licence
- Demonstrated experience of Fair Work Act 2009 & Awards, Enterprise Agreements, Legislation across the industry.
- Proven ability in interpreting & applying the FWA 2009
- Experience with the Fair Work Commission
You will join a strong organisation with many benefits. You will have opportunities for extra leave and benefits available. Due to the nature of this position, a fully maintain vehicle is also provided (and incurs a fortnightly deduction from net salary). You will join a high performing team and be remunerated well. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Aimee Lobban now on 03 8616 8453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508