Principal Consultant – Big Data and Analytics
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Principal Consultant – Big Data and Analytics
Are you a Senior Big Data and Anlalytics leader seeking a new challenge in 2019?
At Amazon, our vision is be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of customers are currently leveraging AWS cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
This is a brand new role in ANZ as a Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM), being an expert on all things Big Data & Analytics. We're going through an exciting period of rapid growth and you'll be one of the founding members of a new team of specialist experts bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to our customers. You'll act as a trusted advisor and advocate for customers across the region.
• Solve incredibly complex, large scale (billions of records) data challenges for our customers
• You will collaborate with our customers and partners on achieving operational excellence, post migrating their Big Data Solutions to the cloud.
• As a Specialist TAM, you'll partner with customers and our own Technical Account Managers. Learn more about the work our Technical Account Managers do by watching this short video https://bit.ly/2AivWrM.
• You'll provide consultative expertise post sales, as part of a wider Enterprise Support team
• As a Technical Evangelist as part of our wider Asia-Pacific, Japan and China team, you'll help uplift our delivery capabilities in the region.
• As a Thought Leader you'll help solve a variety of cost and agility challenges some of the most iconic, high profile companies in ANZ from large enterprises to startups.
• Lead teams through high impacts projects, using the latest data analytics technologies
• Highly autonomous role, taking ownership of our Big Data and Analytics offerings within ANZ.
• Focus on AWS Big Data Services such as Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, Elasticsearch and Kinesis.
• Help to plan, debug, and oversee business critical Big Data applications and migrations.
• Work hand-in-hand with Solutions Architecture, Business Development, Professional Services and Sales.
• The location is based in Australia office (e.g. Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Canberra, Brisbane etc), but work across an Asia-Pacific context (Australia/New Zealand, ASEAN, India, Japan and China)
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
Want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption?
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 5 or more years of hands on, Big Data platform implementation experience.
• Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Marketing or Risk needs of enterprises.
• Experience in similar role as a Principal Consultant, Technical Architect, Technical Lead, Technical, Pre Sales Consultant, Lead Consultant, Managing Consultant etc
• Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organisation, from technical experts to senior executives.
• Expert understanding of ETL principles and how to apply them within Big Data workloads.
• Be proficient in at least 2 of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python, Perl, Ruby, C, C#.
• Ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience.
• Confident in public speaking to large audiences.
• Familiarity with Amazon Redshift, EMR, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Athena, Kinesis and Glue.
• Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
• Deep understanding of Apache Hadoop 1/2 and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with tools such as Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, and Avro.
• Familiarity with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or Presto.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
If you would like a confidential discussion to find out more, please contact the Recruiter, Adrian Holtham on email@example.com, +61 431920414.