Senior Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) - Melbourne
- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients need commercially sound, practical and technical compliant accounting solutions; reliable financial statements; timely, reliable and insightful information; and efficient and effective processes to underpin their current business activities and inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting complex data to extract relevant insights to more efficiently manage business risks and capture strategic opportunities - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust.
Our FAAS team work with our clients' finance teams and wider areas to provide practical, hands-on support, guidance and solutions. These services can include assessing the impact of, and implementing, new accounting standards; proposed transactions; finance function efficiency and effectiveness improvements; stakeholder reporting and management; and other regulatory changes. We combine technical accounting and reporting skills in IFRS and Australian Accounting standards (AASB) with our commercial and practical experience in financial accounting and reporting, as well as our deep sector and regulatory knowledge and insights.
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Financial Accounting Advisory Services team in our Melbourne office. This role is offered on a full-time basis. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks
- Participate in overall team strategy development and be one of the leaders in executing it
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of various engagements including 1,000+ hour projects
- Prepare and deliver proposals and realise business development plans through your strong professional networks
- Proactively manage all aspects of the project including engagement economics, resourcing, as well as being a mentor for team members.
- Understand the client's industry sector and recognise key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Build and leverage global networks to bring the best of EY's experience and insights to our clients.
Ideally, you'll also have
- A minimum of 8 years' relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven ability to identify, develop and capture business opportunities
- Excellent leadership and project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure
- A strong ability to assemble and lead diverse teams in an inclusive manner
- A CA or equivalent professional qualification
Who are Assurance?
- A natural thirst for knowledge and continuous learning and improvement
- A desire to build your digital skills
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/nz/aboutassurance
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/nz/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Māori network, enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young, Australia. All Rights Reserved.