Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Melbourne
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Join a high performing culture of talented people, who are highly motivated and passionate about building and implementing information-based solutions. We are innovative and different because YOU are... we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life....you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees. About the team
Deloitte's Platform Engineering practice are obsessed with all things tech and love the idea of changing the way that businesses leverage technology. Our team builds platforms so that our clients can disrupt industries before industries disrupt them. We build modern technology solutions that run on premise, in the cloud, or a hybrid of both! We're looking for Senior Automation Testing Consultants to join our Melbourne team to work on a range of client projects. Role Responsibilities:
• Works with delivery stakeholders to define test automation scope
• Integrates test automation with CI/CD toolsets
• Develops test automation scripts for Unit Test, System Test and Systems Integration Test
• Conducts code reviews with Development team
• Prepares test data
• Executes test automation scripts
• Reports on test automation execution and coverage
• Participates in and contributes to all Agile team activities and events Deliverables:
• Test Automation Approach (includes relevant test phases)
• Test Plan (includes estimates and test coverage)
• Traditional: Test Automation Scripts and Test Cases
• Agile: Acceptance Criteria and Acceptance Tests
• Test Automation Results Enough about us, let's talk about you:
• Proficiency in Java programming and reviewing java code
• Proficiency in Command Line Interfaces (Windows & UNIX)
• 3 years+ relevant work experience as a Test Analyst with deep knowledge of test automation tools and methods
• Experience with agile testing methodologies including unit test
• Good analytical and communication skills with a challenging and enquiring mind
• Ability to develop and deliver test automation scripts autonomously and the ability to integrate test automation with common source control and build management tool
Applicants must hold either Permanent Residency or Citizenship to apply for this role Why Deloitte?
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
Interested? Sound like the sort of role for you? Please apply online.
Please note applications from Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP173324