Technical Product Manager
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. The role:
As a Technical Product Manager at Airwallex, you will report to the Product Director and be embedded in a cross functional product team. You will be someone who can breakdown and understand complex technical problems and has the ability to understand the business goals as well as the technical implications of your proposed solutions. You excel at writing and communicating product requirements to the appropriate teams to ensure timely execution.
From proactively gathering feedback from key stakeholders, to effectively prioritising the short term development queue you will be comfortable making tradeoffs and account level-of-effort vs impact and other trade-offs, informed by a solid understanding of engineering/design concepts and product development patterns.
- Lead product development and enhancements to core business logic behind the core banking platform or the developer ecosystem platform
- Partner with Internal and External Stakeholders to identify and deliver product solutions that increase both revenue and conversion rates, and decrease client enquiries
- Collaborate with Senior Management, Software Engineering and the broader Product team during the analysis phase to assess value, usability and feasibility
- Define metrics to measure success of product along with post-delivery reporting to track product performance for multiple internal stakeholders
- Own the prioritised backlog of work with the development team and manage prioritization decisions along with Management and Development team members to align delivery with the Product roadmap
- Make difficult trade-offs and decisions relating to product features, cost, and schedule
Who You Are:
- You are detailed and have a technical background - in order to understand our customer (developers, product managers), it will be useful to have an in depth understanding of API and a concern for getting the details right
- You are focused on user experience - our goal is to achieve extensible, stable solutions which enhance the customer experience in relation payments and collections
- You are able to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders - it is important that you are able to build rapport, provide support and uncover existing pain points and future opportunities for improvement
- You are a doer - driving yourself in an autonomous way to deliver on the above is a key skill in any fintech
- You are collaborative - Working with Senior Management, Software Engineering and Compliance on product development during the analysis phase to assess value, usability and feasibility
- You are knowledgeable - Create user stories for new features or updates to existing features and owning knowledge of the product front-to-back to assist product managers in making clear decisions when required
- You are adaptable - you think on your feet and quickly make well-reasoned decisions with limited data
- You are a story teller - you excite peers and get everyone onboard with the product visions
Skills and Experience You Will Bring:
- Be able to work in a data driven cross functional team to move ideas to reality in a very short period of time
- Exceptional communication abilities, primarily focusing on translating between technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous experience as a backend engineer
- Strong understanding of APIs, web services, web development and payment gateways
- Ability to identify gaps and the flexibility to manage and close them with relevant team members
- Able to make decisions by considering both long term product vision and short term growth requirement
- Experience with taking a product from 0 to global scale
- Experience in a hyper growth startup environment is a plus
- Experience with a financial product is a plus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.