Analyst Business Insights & Analytics (BI&A)
Key focus of the role with be to support analytics and reporting for the Group Operations & Technology See yourself in the team:
The vision for the Business Insights & Analytics (BI&A) team is to reinvent the financial services industry through world class analytics. We aim to do this by delivering strategic insights that are visually intuitive and that empower our leaders to make data driven decisions; we develop resource management strategies that drive process efficiencies; and we utilise advanced analytics techniques to predict events and recommend optimal decisions.
The BI&A team has developed an exciting start-up type culture where learning, trying, failing and succeeding are all actively encouraged. Supporting this culture are events such as hackathons, journal review sessions, internal team development sessions along with partnerships with some of the world's leading universities. Team members will have the opportunity and support to learn and grow their skills from a wide variety of both internal and external sources. Do work that matters:
This role will deliver insights and analysis, and support utilization of advanced analytical skills to allow the business to maximise profitable growth and customer satisfaction outcomes using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Teradata, R) in conjunction with large data sets. More specifically:
Actively contribute to the team culture and relationships with our stakeholders
- End-to end ownership and delivery of strategic insights and data-driven projects
- Accountable for supporting end-to-end delivery of projects and analytical solutions that deliver to a strategic outcome.
- Deliver insights and effective analytical models to a high quality and in a timely manner, while ensuring they are meaningful to all parties involved.
Actively experiments and optimises
- Actively contribute to the collaborative culture and thrive in a high performing team as we are the heart of embedding analytics in Group Operations and in the wider organisation.
- Leverage your own knowledge and skills to proactively offer suggestions and create the best outcome for our customers.
- Support business leaders to embed analytics in everyday business, as well as be their trusted advisor by providing deep insights and proactively offering solutions.
- Knowledge share with other analysts across the team to cross-pollinate and lift the skillset across the team.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
- Support the identification of opportunities to improve own capabilities and demonstrate creativity and ingenuity when tackling complex problems.
- Develop high quality insights and communicate effectively
- Analyse, present and visualise data and insights in meaningful, creative, and compelling ways that builds the team brand.
- Translate complex analysis and insights into key messages to be presented back to the business (e.g. through working groups, demos, formal presentations).
- Experience in applying analysis to solve business problems
- Ability to generate actionable value-add insights from complex data using tools
- Contribution to projects end-to-end with high levels of autonomy
- Ability to translate data analytics into commercial insights and work with the business to drive and embed change
- Engagement with multiple stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Experience with large datasets and data analysis tools such as SQL (Essential)
- Exposure in data visualisation (e.g. in Tableau)
- Exposure to stablishing data load automation or ETL processes using SSIS, Alteryx etc.
- Exposure to data analysis tools such as Teradata, R, SAS, SPSS, Hadoop, Python
- Awareness / Exposure to advanced analytics techniques such as text mining or predictive modelling
- Awareness in Process, Operational or Credit Risk Analytics or Decision Quality is ideal
- Tertiary education in IT, business, finance, economics, statistics, or science
You're a great team player with growth mindset and good communication skills and a passion for data.
You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 17/12/2020