Engineering Operations Technician
DESCRIPTION Engineering Operations Technicians support the data centre building and the critical equipment that keeps it running. This includes diesel power generators, HVAC and fire suppression systems. They're responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the critical infrastructure, supervising specialist vendors, acting as first responders to incidents, and becoming subject matter experts for the facility.
The team is responsible for delivering the world's best data centre services across the globe. You'll have the opportunity to work with a constant stream of new technologies and products, and experience opportunities to learn and grow while being surrounded by a motivated and diverse team.
• Review the management of both routine and corrective maintenance on a variety of critical systems such as: switch gear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
• Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses & prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure operations & maintenance.
• Help with the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
• Create and implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
• Manage the Facility assets and the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management.
• Manage the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed, is observing established practices, procedures & local legislation.
• Work with other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimise plant safety, performance, reliability, sustainability and efficiency.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Degree or technical certification (Military or Trade school)
• Mechanical/HVAC/Electrical engineering or experience at technician level in a critical environment
• Ability to work on a diverse team
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Ability to participate in a 24 x 7 rotating shift roster
• Two years of operations experience in a data centre or critical environment
• Experience with the development of MOPs & SWMS for planned works
• Familiar with the concepts and interaction of Service Management systems (Problem & Change)
• Business-level verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leadership and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise multiple requests in complex, fast-paced environment
• Experience using Office Suite
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.