Enterprise Support Manager
Are you a Customer Obsessed, Senior Technology Leader looking to manage a successful, growing team of cloud technologists?
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of businesses are using AWS cloud solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
We're seeking an Enterprise Support Manager to lead the support experience for some of our largest customers, with teams of Technical Account Managers (TAM) and Enterprise Support Leaders (ESL) based in Sydney.
Our TAMs and ESLs are trusted advisors, managed by ESMs, who help some of the most iconic businesses in the country, ensuring their long term success with our services. These include large enterprises going through significant transformation, all the way to start ups who are pushing the boundaries of what AWS services can provide. The team provides advice on architecture, support strategy, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues. You'll be the support Executive Sponsor to help craft and execute strategies to help our customers' drive successful adoption and optimisation of AWS services. Watch a short video about life in our Enterprise Support team here https://bit.ly/2kiEESE
As a leader you will:
• Own the support experience for our some of our largest customers in Australia
• Lead and build teams of TAMs and ESLs
• Manage customer sentiment and recovery during service events, including executive engagement
• Assist with problem escalation and support your team in resolving critical customer issues
• Understand operational excellence in the cloud and help your TAMs and ESLs make recommendations to customers
• Mitigate risks and remove blockers for your team and customers
• Grow your team's capability through people development and recruitment
• "Think Big", by creating mechanisms that allow us to scale while we continue to expand the team
• Drive internal strategic communications
You'll have a direct impact in enabling enterprises across Australia gain the most value from cloud technology and innovation. There are plenty of opportunities to develop your management / technical skills as we continue to rapidly expand.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities. Basic Qualifications
• Strong customer focus with executive presence
• Track record of leading highly technical, analytical, and service delivery professionals
• Experience in a similar role as a Technology Manager, Managing Consultant, Practice Manager, Head of Technology etc. with a vendor or service provider
• Experience designing, building, implementing, maintaining or supporting technology solutions for enterprise organisations
• Ability to dive deep on AWS challenges and solutions Preferred Qualifications
• Experience influencing senior stakeholders
• Past experience as a systems administration, network engineer, or software development engineer
• Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
• Experience managing multiple and remote teams
As an equal opportunity employer we embrace diversity and inclusion at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status