My client is a highly active renewable energy investor with a unique, market leading investment strategy. They invest in and manage a substantial portfolio of renewable energy assets and form a unique part of an international fund manager.
They are currently looking to hire an experienced Finance Manager/Financial Controller to take ownership of the day to day running of the finance function, with an emphasis on financing arrangements (in regards to their assets), hedge accounting and internal financial & management reporting processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Deliver timely, accurate & value-add financial reporting to the group locally and international investors
• Drive process improvement of internal reporting function, particularly as it relates to the Group’s assets & performance and internal valuation model
• Monitoring of the Group’s financing arrangements as it relates to the existing portfolio and any new investments made
• Oversight of hedge accounting particularly in relation to swaps related to electricity & LGC sales
• Work closely with the Investment Team and Asset Managers in relation to forecasting performance, structuring and interfacing with external stakeholders
• Transactional accounting support as and when required
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Finance Manager/Controller with proven technical knowledge and a track record in driving improvements in and building out the capability of the accounting function within a firm. You will be commercially astute and have the verbal and written communication skills needed to work with senior leaders and investors. Previous exposure to renewables, or a relevant sector in energy, infrastructure, mining or construction, will be highly regarded.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion please contact Daniel Yee on (02) 9235 9420 or email@example.com
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications