Junior Java Developer / DevOps Analyst
An exciting opportunity for a Junior Developer / DevOps Analyst with a strong background in Java to join a diverse and innovative team that develops and maintains critical applications for our Risk Management business.
As a passionate Developer, you will gain exposure to various state of the art technologies and will also gain exposure to strategic technology initiatives including creating new applications on the Public Cloud and creating Spark jobs on Big Data platforms.
You will be involved in the design, development, testing (unit and automation), implementation and maintenance of software solutions with a focus on quality and DevOps principles. A diverse range of full stack development opportunities will be available to you, which includes new web services and APIs in Java, creating spark jobs that are hosted on spark clusters, and creating new applications on the Public Cloud. You will also be involved in production support, including coordinating the resolution of High Severity incidents. To be successful in the role, we would expect you to have:
Optional but highly desirable skills and experience in:
- practical experience in Core and Enterprise Java (1.8 preferred)
- basic understanding of microservices architecture
- experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems
- experience in RDMS, SQL and JPA
- good understanding of data structures, design patterns and algorithms
- basic skills in UNIX scripting
- the ability to communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical stakeholders (written and verbal).
- Spring and Spring Boot
- cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, OpenStack etc.)
- handling XML using tools and libraries such as XSLT and JAXB
- testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Robot Framework and Selenium
- distributed data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop etc.
- SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- delivering initiatives in an Agile environment.
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link or contact Victoria Oh at Victoria.email@example.com .
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers .
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, Brand & Marketing and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program. Advertised:
25 Jun 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: