Level 2 Incident Manager - AVP
Position Overview Overview:
The Level 2 Incident Manager role is part of the Global Major Incident Management Function within Group Technology Production Integrity business unit.
Major Incident Management provides a follow the sun, 24/7/365 support service to manage and co-ordinate Major Incidents (Priority Critical, Priority 1, Priority 2 and Priority 3 Critical and associated Risk Incidents)
Within the MIM function there are 5 roles :
IMS (Incident Management Support) - First line initial call handlers supporting the Level 1 and Level 2 Incident Managers to manage Incidents
Level 1 Incident Manager - Primary focus is to manage Major Incidents (typically P3C and Risk incident) to resolution, provides direction and guidance to the IMS. Can also undertake IMS functions if required.
Level 2 Incident Manager - Primary focus is to manage Major Incidents (typically P1 and P2) to resolution, acts as an escalation for L1 Incident Managers and provides direction and guidance to the IMS.
Level 3 Regional Lead - The Level 3 Regional Lead acts as an escalation point for the L2's, manages PCritical Incidents, provides elevated communications for PCritical/ P1 Incidents and also works on project/strategic initiatives
Director of Global Major Incident Management - Escalation point for the global function, defines project/strategic initiatives, will engage in PCritical Incidents and may engage on P1 incidents and may provide elevated communications for PCritical/ P1 Incidents. Key Responsibilities for Level 2 Incident Manager:
You will have the demonstrable ability and aptitude to:
- Proactively manages and drives Major and Risk incidents to resolution to ensure that services are restored quickly and safely while ensuring that any associated systems or services are protected.
- Leads and manages conference calls to investigate, diagnose and drive incident resolution
- Confirms and maintains the full business impact related to Incidents
- Undertakes all communications related to management of Incidents
- Identifies and documents key risks/process issues or concerns observed during the management of the Incident for handover to Problem Management
- Executes the Incident Management process tasks according to Key Operating Procedures, Working Instructions and KPI's.
- Acts as a direct escalation point for Incidents from the Incident Management. Support Team
- Acts as a mentor encouraging the development of IMS and Level 1 Incident Managers
- Supporting the continuous Service Improvement Programme
Other general requirements
- Interface with key stakeholders in a highly pressurised environment
- Engage individuals across a range of backgrounds and levels of seniority
- Listen and understand without interruption
- Work with a large, diverse, and multi-skilled global team that is spread across APAC, EMEA and US.
- Be calm, controlled, level headed and rational, especially in stress situations, dealing with demanding stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrate a good and broad knowledge of IT technologies
- Demonstrate an understanding of banking business
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts with an ability to arbitrate at all levels of the organisation
- Be objective and decisive on incidents
- Apply and record a logical thought process and realisation for incident analysis & problem solving
- Always demonstrate Integrity, trust & fairness
- Communication clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Adapt to changing requirements of the function and organization.
- People Management
- Relationship building
- Customer & Service Orientation
- Openness to innovation & change
- ITIL Foundation/Practitioner in Incident Management
- Acceptance to work over hours and weekends or in an On Call capacity
- Experience of working in Global Teams
- Deep process understanding of Incident Management
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and with teams that are managed by leaders outside the country and are not under direct influence of yourself or your direct manager.
- A strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle conflicting situations
- Ability to multi task with attention to detail
- Very good time management and organisation skills
- Able and confident to challenge professionally
- Assertive not aggressive
- Risk Management
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- To be able to support and mentor others with an insatiable appetite to continually learn and grow themselves in the pursuit of what's right for the function, bank and colleagues;
- Ensure that they are able to rapidly respond to new, emergent and continuously evolving requirements.
- Able to influence others by conveying information clearly and effectively, possessing great written and verbal skills with high levels of emotional intelligence;
- Lead and drive operation efficiencies in a virtual team that is spread across geographies remotely and give directions, make decisions and provide guidance to the team.
- Develop partnership with global peers across locations and partner with them to constantly drive global synergies between the teams.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.