Network Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking to hire experienced Network Development Engineers for our Network Operations team, to help drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
As a Network Development Engineer in our Network Operations team you will be responsible for:
• High quality second and third tier network and network event management for Amazons worldwide network operations.
• Critical network operations support to AWS's internal and external customers to diagnose, remediate and trouble shoot large-scale networking events.
• Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks; Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes to mitigate complex issues.
• Monitor and manage communications during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process; collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers.
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues with a focus on removing manual actions from mitigation activities
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Identify and take ownership for opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools and enhancements of existing workflows.
Our Company Culture:
At AWS we offer a flexible, positive, and supportive work environment. We understand work life harmony looks very different from person to person. We want employees who love what they do, and do what they love at work, at home, and beyond. So once here, you will have the opportunity to work with your manager to strike that right balance.
• A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or at 4+ year's relevant experience in a large-scale network operations environment is preferred. Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
• Experience in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
• Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following protocols and concepts: BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channeling, IPsec and TLS
• Scripting experience (Python or Shell) and experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Knowledge of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
• Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.