Oceania Senior Solutions Architect - Public Sector - Amazon Web Services
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced technologist who will serve the countries of Oceania with practical, scalable cloud solutions. The role is in the the Public Sector team, and will require someone with a working knowledge of both the geopolitics of the region, and also experience with Australian and New Zealand government and non-government agencies that serve the countries of the Pacific.
This is a new role, and will require someone who can start from scratch, and develop working relationships with stakeholders in government agencies and plug into relief and aid programs that serve the Pacific.
In addition to region-specific knowledge, the successful application will need to meet the baseline requirements of a great AWS Solutions Architect:
• Loves helping customers solve difficult technical problems
• Great with people
• Would like to use the latest cloud computing technologies
• Has a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches
• Thrives on the chance to be consultative while leading technical direction
• Wants to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Solutions Architecture team owns the on-going technical relationship with customers and partners. Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad knowledge of how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess communication skills that allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer or partner project, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own technical direction and design, and help ensure a timely and successful engagement of customer technical staff or AWS partners for implementation
• Advocate for the customer within AWS. Engage other AWS experts where necessary and drive the AWS roadmap to meet customer requirements.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community
• Provide thought leadership through public presentations and production of technical materials
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • At least 5 years working with Pacific Island countries and/or the government and non-government agencies that serve them from Australia and New Zealand
• Proficient in verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• The right person will combine deep technical ability with excellent people skills, possessing 10+ years of industry experience and current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using *nix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience working within the Enterprise Software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
• Computing Science or Mathematics background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
• AWS Certifications is good to have.
• Background in working with the public sector in Australia and New Zealand.
**Please note, if your application is successful you will be contacted by email regarding the next steps. Please check your Spam/Junk Mail box**
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.