Partner Solution Architect, GSI, ANZ
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for or with a global systems integrator, technology consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. If you are a problem solver with broad technical skills, and have the ability to drive technical conversations you will enjoy this role.
Working with partners is a team effort that will require influence and coordination with many stakeholders. You should be just as comfortable talking storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
In this technical role, you will architect enterprise-grade Amazon Web Services solutions, own the technical relationship and deliverables for a GSI, develop and execute multi-day workshops, lead white boarding sessions, author white papers and blog posts, and respond to complex technical inquiries. As a Partner Solution Architect focused on Global System Integrators within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of the AWS platform across the partner community.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in software architecture, information security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The ideal candidate is also an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
As a strategic member of the regional Partner Solution Architect team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our managed global systems integrators. This includes:
• Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide.
• Work closely with Partner Sales Managers, AWS Professional Services and other Solutions Architects throughout the lifecycle of customer engagements.
• Assist partners define the approach, tools, and target architecture as they migrate customers or build cloud native solutions on Amazon Web Services.
• Validate Partner architectures, deliverables, SOW's, Project plans, and other assets required to successfully deliver partner lead customer engagements.
• Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community.
• Share partner and customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS.
• Up to 40% travel is required. Basic Qualifications
• 8+ years of hands on implementation or consulting experience
• 3+ years in a customer and /or partner facing technical consulting roles.
• Experience working across internal and external organizations.
• Knowledge of Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS etc ) and software development lifecycle
• Past experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist
• Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort
• Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• Technology Depth: Demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach
• BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred Preferred Qualifications
• Exhibit the attributes of learn and be curious by demonstrating the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
• Experience designing and implementing enterprise-grade architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
• Passion for working with global systems integrators
• Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and act tactically, about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• International technical sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software