Portfolio Manager - Vice President
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s ETFs and Index Investments (EII) team manages more than $3.6 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1.7 trillion in assets under management. With a global footprint, strong client orientation and an innovative product range, iShares was the industry’s number one in flows in 2017 with $245 billion, a 19% organic asset growth and flow market share of 36%. Through the flagship U.S. and EMEA product lines, iShares operates over 800 ETFs, the broadest range of ETF investment options, offering exposure to virtually the entire investable universe, from the most essential to the deepest niche; and our funds are equally accessible to institutions, advisers and individuals. Product lines provide efficient exposure across equities, fixed income, real estate and commodities, as well as strategies such as smart beta and sustainable investing.
The Index and ETF Investments Business also oversees over $2 trillion in Index Equity funds (mutual funds, pooled funds, segregated mandates) and offers index equity investors the industry's broadest array of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors. The Index Equity Portfolio Management team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
BlackRock’s investment teams are staffed with professionals who have significant experience within their respective markets. Our portfolio teams manage assets for institutional and individual investors alike. Accordingly, all of our clients benefit from our portfolio management expertise and risk management analytics. All of our portfolio managers leverage the expertise of other investment teams through the strength of a shared research, trading and risk management platform.
BlackRock is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join the EII Asia Pacific team. This position is based in Sydney and has primary responsibility for all aspects of index equity portfolio management in Australia. This role will also support the development of index equity business in Australia from a strategy perspective. This position is part of the broader APAC ex Japan EII Portfolio Engineering team located in Hong Kong.
Index Portfolio Management:
- Manage all aspects of index equity portfolios including daily liquidity management; client activity, index changes, and corporate actions; ensure all portfolios are positioned according to investment parameters and guidelines while meeting performance expectations.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market knowledge, to portfolio construction and risk budgeting. Use various investment vehicles and techniques to meet desired investment objectives.
- Research index events, evaluate trading opportunities and provide recommendations to portfolio managers across the global team. Perform pre-trade analysis, develop trading strategies and analyze results post trade.
- Attribute fund performance and find ways to minimize tracking error relative to benchmark; ensure superior investment outcomes are achieved through management of risk and cost.
- Provide analytical and qualitative support in new product development, global initiatives and projects. Assist in the on-boarding process for new funds and portfolio restructurings.
- Responsible for maintaining deep relationships with their clients and delivering the best of EII and BlackRock. The Index Strategy team coordinates closely with other BlackRock investment and distribution teams to deliver holistic solutions to meet each Institutional Client’s unique needs.
- The responsibilities of the Strategy team span product development, research, client service, product positioning, reporting and education primarily for EII’s commingled fund and separate account offerings. This individual will support domestic equities, international equities, real estate equities, commodities, and Smart Beta strategies across both Institutional and iShares channels.
- Work closely with members of the team within EII and across BlackRock in order to identify commercial opportunities and deliver the full power of BlackRock to its clients.
- Provide ongoing client service and support to EII’s global internal and external clients.
- Provide advice, pricing and support for EII’s existing clients as well as prospective clients.
- Assist client and marketing channels with equity index product expertise as it relates to data analysis, request-for-proposals and other questionnaires.
- Assist in the development of new product ideas.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of product marketing materials, client presentations and customized analyses that articulate strategy objectives.
- Advise clients on all aspects of portfolio strategy including portfolio management, trading, transitions, securities lending. Articulate BlackRock’s competitive advantage to clients.
- Build relationships and partner with other BlackRock teams in order to support the EII business including distribution channels, product specialists, trading, operations and technology teams.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry preferably in an investment related role.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
- Interest and knowledge of index methodologies and indexing portfolio management.
- Knowledge of risk models and portfolio management tools.
- Demonstrated successful business development / client service in an institutional setting and ability to build strong relationships with diverse sets of clients.
- Outstanding ability to influence and lead effectively across regions, functions and teams without direct authority.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a requirement.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills and high attention to detail.
- Highly computer literate and numerate, with advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Aladdin platform and applications desirable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.