Senior Experience Designer - Platform
You have an opportunity to join Atlassian at an exciting time in our history as one of the fastest growing software companies in the world. You can help us solve complex experience challenges in the unique and interesting Platform-Identity problem space.
This role will help shape the future of the customer experience for millions of users around the globe across our suite of enterprise cloud products, and you can make a huge impact on the fastest growing part of our business.
Based in Sydney, you'll collaborate with teams in Australia and the US in a rapidly expanding global design community with a super inclusive, supportive and passionate culture.
The Identity platform integrates core user functions and experiences:
- Sign up and Log in with Atlassian Account.
- User admin & management functions.
- User profiles and settings.
- Security & privacy.
As a key designer on this team, you will:
- Make a substantial impact, at scale. Many successful organizations (like NASA, LinkedIn, and Twitter) rely on Atlassian products so your work will have incredible reach.
- Work with your Product-Engineering-Design triad to understand and define problems together.
- Establish early stage research and ideation activities, and perform design validation.
- Adopt a data-informed design approach using analytics and A/B testing to experiment then measure co-created success criteria.
- Enjoy creative autonomy to design high-fidelity mocks, working effectively with an established design system, and contributing back to that design system when applicable.
- Use basic prototyping chops to create protos for user testing.
- Operate with a lean and Agile delivery focus. Work with engineering to implement designs and iterate.
We'd love for you to have:
More about our team
- Substantial experience working across the end-to-end design process, with a particular strength in customer journey mapping, IA, UX, Service Design, and Interaction Design.
- Critical thinking to shape then communicate the future of the Identity experience.
- Awesome cross-functional collaboration skills. You'll work with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry.
- Strong design advocacy and influencing skills. You'll be able to help inject design thinking throughout the org and be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in-line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company.
You'll be joining a team that is smart, driven, and customer focused. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in lean , which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to prove ourselves right (or wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience-no matter who or where it is. Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
https://www.uxpin.com/studio/blog/inside-atlassians-design-process-power-autonomous-teams More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment. Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.