Senior Manager Decision Support & Analytics
See yourself in our team
Business & Private Banking (B&PB) is a division of the Group, including Business Corporate Banking, which relationship manages small to large businesses across regionally based teams. Regional and Agribusiness, which looks after the unique needs of rural/regional customers that operate agricultural-based businesses across Australia, Small Business Banking, which looks after small businesses that operate primarily in local communities and Private Bank aiming at high net worth customers. B&PB also includes Equities and Margin Lending (including CommSec).
The BPB Decision Support & Analytics (DS&A) team has three areas of focus:
- Design and management of reporting & tools
- Analytics on data sets to identify business insights
- Competitor analysis and intelligence
The team forms part of the wider BPB Performance Reporting, Forecasting and Analytics Team. Do work that matters
We're interested in hearing from people who
- Lead a team responsible for driving the BPB Finance Reporting initiative to automate and digitise all current reporting from finance to the business, including strategic roadmap development, prioritisation of initiatives and resource management;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including leaders of the business, product and segment finance teams and other analytics teams in order to champion self-service analytics and uplift the use of best in class tools and techniques;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Tableau dashboards and initiating further automated reporting along with uplifting Tableau capability in the wider BPB Finance team;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining curated data assets (combining data from multiple sources) for use within BPB Finance;
- Project management and delivery of reporting enhancements to the BPB business, and associated change management to maximise uptake;
- Responsible for delivery and analysis of insights to the BPB LT (including comparing and reporting on our peers) to allow greater understanding of the drivers of financial performance together with the identification of opportunities to leverage cost out or revenue benefit for the business;
- Responsible for delivery of the half year and full year end product Deep Dives, including accurate and meaningful analysis to ensure complete understanding of BPB's Commercial Lending, Deposits and Home Loans books.
- Analyse the Full and Half Year results of ANZ, WBC and NAB and compare to BPB's performance and strategic objectives outlook.
- Responsible for assisting with financial responses to regulatory requests for BPB, accuracy of submissions and using good judgement where applicable to ensure an informed and consistent response with any previous submissions.
- Strong Data and Dashboard skills. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Microsoft BI stack (SQL, SSIS, & SSAS), and Teradata.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and articulate solutions clearly to non-technical personnel.
- Strong numerical, logic and analytical skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Development lifecycle, stakeholder management, and change management skills.
- Risk Mindset - All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 10/04/2020