Senior Service Engineer
Role: Senior Service Engineer Business Unit: Group Technology Type: Full-time, Permanent
Service Engineering is responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of service reference architecture and standards, and for designing services or patterns leading to robust, flexible and quality Infrastructure services and solutions. How will I help?
The Senior Service Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of service reference architecture and standards and for designing services or patterns leading to robust, flexible and quality Infrastructure services and solutions.
What do I need?
- Developing and maintaining Service Strategy
- Support Service Owners in defining portfolio specific service strategy & roadmap
- Assist in defining and qualifying demand for new Infrastructure services or patterns
- Ensure new service or pattern design adherence to WBCs specified design blueprints, roadmaps and standards
- Develop and maintains service specific reference architecture, standards and policies
- Develop service or pattern design and blueprints for end to end operational Infrastructure services
- Assist delivery portfolios with expert Infrastructure Service Engineering consulting when necessary
- Provide effective support in ensuring Operational Readiness and Design Assurance are adhered to at each agreed Solution Engineering Life Cycle stage gate
- Assist Service Owner or Infrastructure Service Managers in effective governance of vendor/supplier provided service or pattern solution design or build
- Support Infrastructure service strategy translation from Enterprise Infrastructure strategy and assists in maintenance of service strategy for Infrastructure portfolios
- Develop Infrastructure Service Engineering reference architecture, policies and standards and ensures their alignment with WBC Group policy and standards
- Develop innovative, fit for purpose engineering reference architecture, Design or Blueprints and ensures their compliance with Group Tech policies & standards
- Assist Service Interlock Engineers in ensuring quality delivery
- Assist service planning in defining and qualifying demand for infrastructure services by performing detailed assessment & review from Infrastructure Service Engineering perspective
- Provide detailed technology inputs to Service Catalogue Management and reviews & ensures information mentioned in Service Catalogue is accurate
- Perform detailed analysis of Service Design requirements to understand infrastructure feasibility, costing, effort estimates and support required from partners/vendors
- Assess vendor provided product and services roadmap and ensures their impact is embedded in service planning and optimisation both at aggregated Infrastructure & Operations level and at individual portfolio level
- Assist Service Economics in pricing analysis, cost assessments, reporting, rate setting and cost optimisation when required
- Perform high quality research and identifies new technologies for adoption to ensure that Infrastructure & Operations services remain innovative and are up to date with market leading technologies and industry trends
- Support Service Interlock Engineers in driving continuous improvement initiatives leading to cross portfolio optimisation of Infrastructure services and assets
Technical and Industry Expertise:
- Seven years' experience in IT industry
- Three years' experience in service delivery operations and a broad range of IT platforms and disciplines
- Two years recent experience in large-scale infrastructure deployment projects
- One year experience in a financial services industry desirable
- Five year's deep industry knowledge and experience in a specific technical domain, e.g. Messaging, Windows Active Directory etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills desirable
Tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline, or equivalent experience Post graduate qualifications are desirable Design experience across a broad section of IT Services Strong technical background in multiple Infrastructure domains. What's it like to work here?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.