Software Development Manager - AWS Redshift
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated people manager, with strong delivery management record, who loves solving deep technical problems to join us in our journey to build hyper-scale Data Warehouse services in the cloud. Amazon Redshift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective to analyse all your data using your existing business intelligence tools.
The Redshift Control Plane team requires a Software Development Manager to lead a team of software development engineers who are on a mission to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions to complex problems at an AWS scale. The role is a combination of delivery management, people management, technical leadership with responsibilities that include, but is not limited to.
• People management: Build and manage a team of industry-leading software engineers. Foster career growth and a strong team culture. Hire, mentor, and coach engineers.
• Delivery management: Work cross-functionally, interfacing with internal customers to gain clarity on requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress. Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
• Technical leadership: Participate in design reviews and ensure right solution is implemented for the projects you own. Enforce right best practices pertaining to software engineering.
• Operational excellence: Own all operational aspects for your team's software, including but not related to - metrics, tech debt, security issues, CX experience gaps, production defect, operational readiness best practices.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 6+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
• 3+ years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural and distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, software configuration management, and operations
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, C/C++)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Post-graduate degree in computer science or related field
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Experience with software tooling, particularly large scale configuration management and deployment systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.