Software Engineer, Search & Smarts
Atlassian is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer, with focus on front-end, to join our Search and Machine Learning team in Sydney. As part of this team, you are going to help to proliferate smart experiences across Atlassian products, including Jira, Confluence, Trello and Bitbucket.
You'll work with our data scientists and product engineers to build smarter user experiences and to ensure our products have the necessary instrumentation and quality signals in place to build the machine learning models that power our solutions. Your work will impact millions of users including some of the leaders in their industries, now and for the next decade, as you define the foundations for how teams connect, collaborate, and accomplish amazing things.
Ideally, you will have a focus on the end-user experience and enjoy building high-quality experiences that are used by millions every single day. You are able to easily engage and work with other engineers across multiple different code bases, languages and geographies / timezones. More about the team
This new and innovative team will be leading the initiative to build products and features that haven't been invented yet. Being a part of this team will require equal parts problem solving, ideation, and coding. The team is small, but the opportunity is big. Imagine the enormity of the data and insight we have when most of the world's technology, project management, ticketing systems and internal wikis are driven by Atlassian products. We get to empower enterprise organisations to build better services and experiences by unleashing the power of their data and their teams.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python).
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications.
- Understanding of website lifecycle from a performance point of view.
- Understanding of mobile web & responsive design.
- Experience in instrumenting products and event/analytic pipelines.
- Experience with monitoring techniques and tools.
- Experience with continuous delivery for production environment.
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and self-drive and the ability to function independently.
It's great, but not required if you have:
More about our benefits
- Experience building and operating large scale distributed systems.
- Previous experience with scaling and deploying machine learning models.
- Previous experience with search and data modeling or building a recommendation engine based on interpretation of user behaviour.
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.