Specialist Solution Architecture Manager
DESCRIPTION Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a experienced manager to join our Specialist Solution Architecture capability, within our Public Sector team.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect Manager at AWS, you'll support a group of Architects that provide high level domain or industry skills that help our team meet the most complex solution demands of our customers. This includes domains such as Machine Learning, Analytics, Research and Cloud Development. If you are a problem solver with broad technical skills, and have the ability to drive technical conversations you will enjoy this role.
In this role, you will hire and develop some of the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects, coach them on cloud adoption best practices, empower them to further develop their technical areas of depth as well as their communication, presentation and strategic advisory skills. You will be partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, prioritizing your initiatives and aligning goals to maximize long term value.Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
You and your team will shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services within Pulic Sector customers in Australia and New Zealand. You will be interacting directly with customers to better understand their needs and align the right resources and tools to maximize their success. You will be measuring and delivering results, while staying in touch with the pace of innovation of the AWS technology and its use cases. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well so that you can shape the customer and solutions-focused initiatives of your team. You will get to practice your creativity in driving the link of technology to tangible solutions and educating customers about the art of the possible. Central to this will be your leadership in driving Solutions Architects to create cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
The ideal candidate has experience building, leading and developing talented teams of senior engineers or solutions architects including working on cutting edge technologiues. Customer-facing experience is preferred, practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have sound leadership skills and a strong technical foundation in secure, scalable and reliable IT architectures.
A note on qualifications - the qualification list below reflects the typical candidate for a Solutions Architecture Manager role at AWS, many people in these roles have a variety of backgrounds and journeys and we welcome a chance to discuss how your skills might fit in our team.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals, ideally in customer facing roles
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Passion for technology and for learning
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with public sector or large enterprise customers
• Prior working experience as a Solution Architect and / or manager of a technical team
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Previous professional experience architecting / operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Experience with an advanced technology domain such as Machine Learning, High Performance Computing, Analytics or Micro Serivces Architectures
• Experience with public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)