System Engineer - Amazon Managed Services
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock & Shares, Paid commuting to work & mobile phone
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Systems Engineers to join the Operations Enablement team + AWS Managed Services team, who are not constrained by how "things are usually done". As a member of the AMS you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure
We're enhancing our teams with deep Dev, Networking & OS expertise, and you should be part of this. If you have any of the below, we would be interested to connect.
Come join us-we work hard, have fun and make history!
As a member of Managed Service team, you will be working with our amazing Operation Engineers, Database Engineers and Network Engineers to dive in and tackle the hardest technical challenges, who excel in Agile environments while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Are you a Systems Engineer or Systems Developer who is able to write complex code, and program from scratch when necessary to build systems, but also have operational excellence in your arsenal.
• As well as programming and building, do you have the necessary networking and troubleshooting skills we need to deal with Enterprise AWS customers and clients as you will be customer facing?
• The Operations Enablement Team and AMS teams are maturing, and while they do, the teams are available for critical issues, failovers and deployments Mon-Fri and also during the weekend. We have an extremely hard working team here in ANZ and we want to you contribute to this also.
• You will operate the Managed Service platform and collaborate with internal service teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure and application deployments.
• Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, and build proof of concept applications. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services. Basic Qualifications
• 6+ years of experience in a System Engineering, System Development or DevOps role.
• Experience in designing and implementing automated solutions to enable the management, administration and deployment of full 3-tier application stacks from OS (Windows or Linux) through to app deployment (At scale).
• Experience with Configuration Management Software (Chef & Ansible etc).
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Routing (Wireshark, tcpdump).
• Help build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks and scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
• Understanding the concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
• Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity.
• Drive customer communication during critical events - excellent written & verbal Preferred Qualifications
• Programming/scripting with Ruby, Bash and PowerShell. Other languages a bonus.
• Hands on AWS experience with production workloads (EC2, EBS, Firewalls, Cloud Formation, SSM etc.)
• Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture & Web Services
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environments
• Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
• Experience with IAM, Active Directory and ADFS.
• Experience in a DevOps team, supporting CI/CD workloads.
• Experience setting up, maintaining and coordinating the automated patch and configuration management of production servers.