Systems Development Engineer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 19
Systems Development Engineer
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking to carry on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of AWS, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of enterprise companies that are taking advantage of an ever-growing set of services and features to optimally run their mission-critical applications.
Our newly announced Managed Services development team is looking for an exceptional Systems Development Engineer to join our team, tasked with building a service that will accelerate the adoption of AWS among enterprise customers. This team is building high-impact service management automation for access management systems, host security features (including enterprise-scale anti-virus), Active Directory, Windows Server builds, powered by a variety of AWS services including but not limited to EC2, CloudFormation, SWF, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, S3, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, EBS and more. If you like working on the bleeding edge of cloud technology and contributing to the success of some of the world's biggest companies, look no further: you belong with us.
As a Systems Development Engineer, you will:
• Build systems and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Lead the builds of CloudFormation templates to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
• Participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
• Own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
• Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
• Mentor and advise the global team on matters of systems engineering and architecture best practices.
• Drive operational excellence.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
• Minimum 5 years experience in either technical support or software development
• Computing fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Development experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, Ruby, Python, C++/C#)
• Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro)
• Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), OSI model, DNS
• Experience running and maintaining 24x7 production environments.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
• Hands on AWS experience with production workloads
• Some MS Windows experience or willingness to learn will be required
• Experience with Configuration Management Software such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Desired State Configuration
• Aspects of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography