This position is within the Application Services unit department based in Bahrain. The application services Unit is responsible for both development and rollout of new system and the support of legacy systems. The applications services unit has responsibility for the majority of the mission critical applications used in the Head Office as well as those used in the international branch network. This position is primarily responsible for taking a lead role in major EDW implementation, developments and support activity.
The position involves, guiding the development team to ensure the best approach is taken, and that is in line with ABC’s technology strategy. Participate with the Design and facilitate implementation of the EDW that will be the repository of Group wide information and engine for consolidated group wide business intelligence.
- Support the data reporting tool environment and processes, data extract, transform and load (ETL processes using IBM DataStage in migrating data from source systems for loading into the IBM BDW Data Warehouse).
- Develop data architecture, data modeling, and ETFL mapping solutions within structured data warehouse environment.
- Design and perform the necessary operational and reconciliation tasks to ensure the quality, security and timeliness of the data in the Operational Data Store (ODS) and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Perform data validation to ensure data integrity within the data warehouse; perform data cleansing and correction as required.
- Create best practices for data loading and extraction. Mentoring and coaching the programmers for ETL processes, new developments and support activities at Head Office and overseas branches.
- Facilitate requirements gathering using expert listening skills and develop unique simple. Solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers.
- Supervise design throughout implementation process.
- Participated in full lifecycle of development of the IBM EDW financial data warehouse
- Duties were to create, populate, modify, test, implement and maintain new and existing tables and views in BDW data warehouse and SQL.
- Design dashboard metrics, reports, performance charts and scorecards, both for internal and external publication, by using IBM Cognos Report Studio.
- Provide appropriate training to reporting tool end-users to enable them to be self-sufficient in their use of Cognos reporting software.
- Liaise between functional business groups and information system resources when requested to do so.
- Support internal customers as they plan their operational improvements; facilitate solving their business problems/issues with information technology solutions where appropriate and cost effective.
- Advise internal users on the most effective way to use EDW systems and the associated data/reports.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
- Create or implement metadata processes and frameworks.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Support data migration.
- Support reconciliation.
- Analysis of faults, reporting these and subsequent testing of fixes.
- Participate on all new IT developments relating to the Department, warranted by business / regulatory developments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
This is a role for an experienced professional accountant /Banking & Finance degree, or equivalent, with over 10 years working experience in a multi-disciplined banking.
- The individual should have an intimate understanding of accounting, regulatory reporting and financial control reporting aspects of banking and financial applications.
- Sound knowledge of the Banking Systems including chart of accounts, account types, data structure, business rules, accounting rules etc
- Strong knowledge of the market products dealt in the Treasury and a good understanding of all the Bank's products;
- Ideally, the job holder would have analysis and programming experience within the banking industry.
- Able to query complex datasets and derive conclusions, including: Using all types of joins between multiple tables, aggregations
- Strong technical documentation skills and ability to take generic business rules and convert into technical requirements.
- Ability to understand Relational and Dimensional Modelling.
- Strong background in QA methodologies and best practices and implement new corrections and improvements, working with the development and analytics team
- Strong experience with developing requirements and product specifications for new or existing DW solutions
- Knowledge of banking or financial applications, with a good understanding of some of the core business areas, Treasury, Trade Finance, wholesale and Retail Banking.
- 5+ years of experience with front and back office systems. In particular, specific and in-depth experience with K+, TI, Urbis, and Ambit would be preferred.